South African legislation requires that a sufficient amount of employees per building be trained in basic firefighting. This course teaches learners basic firefighting skills; the use of fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to minimize loss of life and property at the workplace. It also covers basic fire prevention and awareness. It is the perfect course, for any organization
BASIC FIRE FIGHTING TRAINING
This basic fire fighting training will be enable employees to identify different classes of fires, and to contain, prevent and extinguish different types of fires by operating basic fire fighting equipment.
This basic fire fighting course is a hands-on, practical course but includes formal instruction on the various aspects of fire safety and prevention, fire behavior and basic fire fighting equipment, techniques and procedures.
- Fire policy in the workplace – prevention strategies and safety procedures.
- Industry safe practices (Occupational Health and Safety Act)
- Consequences of non-adherence to safe practices.
- Personnel procedures: how and when to call the fire department.
- The theory of fire and how fire spreads; causes of fires; classes of fires.
- Firm understanding of how the equipment is to be used to its full potential
- Fire fighting techniques; fire fighting procedures.
- Practical participation in dry powder fire extinguishers.
- Basic life support and care for burns.
OUR TEAM IS A SMALL TRUSTED GROUP OF PASSIONATE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD AND ALWAYS EAGER TO SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE. THEY ARE VERY CONFIDENT FRIENDLY WITH MANY YEARS’ OF EXPERIENCE, TO ATTEND TO ANY QUESTIONS OR NEEDS YOU MAY HAVE.